ST. XAVIER`S HIGH SCHOOL AND JUNIOR COLLEGE, KOLHAPUR
- St. Xavier`s High school is an English Medium School founded in 1957, at the express and pressing request of the people of Kolhapur. The school is recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and prepares pupils for the Secondary School Certificate Examination. It is owned by the Poona Catholic Educational Association (PCEA) and managed by the Poona Jesuit School`s Society. (PJSS) The Society of Jesus, to which the Jesuit Fathers and Brothers belong, is a Christian Religious Order founded by St. lgnatius of Loyola in 1540. Active in the field of education throughout the world since its origin, the Society conducts in India nearly 500 schools, 38 Universities and Colleges, 14 Technical Institutes and 5 Business Administration Institutes in which thousands of young people, belonging to every social class, community and Linguistic group are being educated through the medium of both English and the regional languages. Nearly 8500 teachers are engaged in the teaching activity and the society caters to about 2, 75,000 students
- To provide EDUCATION FOR LIFE in order to create WELL-BALANCED CITIZENS who reach out in SELFLESS SERVICE
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Respect for God, Self, Others and the whole of life.
- All round development which includes moral and civic consciousness
- Innovation/ Creativity/ Independent /Thinker
- Selfless Service.
- An institution that provides quality education and keeps adapting with the signs of times. It is an institution that reaches out to all, remaining rooted in its culture. St. Xavier’s radiates happiness while creating a desire to search for “the more”(strive for excellence) and at the same time remaining connected with each other, our city here in Kolhapur, our state of Maharashtra, the nation and our environment.